To name a few of the impressive benefits of bladderwrack, I’ll start by saying that it benefits the thyroid, improves metabolism, reduces inflammation, treats obesity, strengthens the bones, prevents cancer, boosts heart health, prevents premature aging, improves the vision, and protects the skin.
Like Sea Moss, Bladderwrack is actually one of the most common types of seaweed found around the British Isles, the Baltic Sea, Europe, and the eastern coast of North America. The scientific name for this kelp is Fucus vesiculosus. Other names include rockweed, red fucus, and black tang. The high levels of mucilage, beta carotene, potassium, iodine, and other organic compounds give this herb and seaweed so much power and healing abilities.
Let’s Break Down The Benefits
* Bladderwrack, being a powerful source of iodine, helps to treat many types of thyroid disorders, as it stimulates the thyroid gland to increase hormonal output.
Bladderwrack increases your metabolism, making it easier to lose weight. It aids in preventing obesity because your body begins to work at a higher level, burning off more fat, therefore suppressing your appetite.
* Bladderwrack contains high levels of beta-carotene making it ideal for someone trying to improve their vision. Beta-carotene is an antioxidant that directly neutralized free radicals in the eyes and cornea, essentially slowing down and preventing macular degeneration, cataracts, and blindness.
* Whether you’re suffering from hemorrhoids, arthritis, gout, eczema, or any other skin irritation, bladderwrack can successfully neutralize the irritation, reduce the swelling, and even relieve the pain. Taken internally and externally are both beneficial to soothing and alleviating sore muscles and joints.
*Bladderwrack also contains high amounts of Fucoidan, which is an essential type of fiber. This fiber has beneficial properties that include antitumor, anticoagulant, antiviral, antiangiogenic, and antiarthritic properties. Researches from the University of Tasmania, Australia has stated that fucoidan has anticancer and anti-tumor properties and may induce apoptosis, which is the death of cells, and this includes cancerous.
* Another fiber found in bladderwrack is alginic acid, which relieves constipation, promoting a smooth digestive process. This helps to relieve serious conditions like gastric ulcers and colon cancer, and smaller issues like bloating, cramping, and excess flatulence.
* It contains high levels of HDL or good cholesterol, meaning it can help prevent any cholesterol-related affliction, like atherosclerosis or palpitations. This also helps lower blood pressure, reduce your risk of heart attacks and strokes and lessens the strain on your cardiovascular system.
* The antioxidants in bladderwrack keep the skin looking young and healthy while reducing age spots, blemishes, and wrinkles. They also boost skin elasticity keeping you well toned.
With all of these amazing benefits, you must know that something this powerful comes with potential dangers. If you suffer from hyperthyroidism, be mindful of your consumption or use in moderation. If you’re allergic to iodine, large amounts can be very dangerous.
Become a member to be notified when we have bladderwrack in stock or check back daily.