"Perhaps one of the most important and undervalued benefits of this sea moss is its ability to help balance thyroid hormones."
Sea moss, also known by a multitude of botanical names, offers us a variety of health benefits. Chondrus Crispus is the only sea moss known as Irish Moss. All the others are not Irish Moss.
Irish Moss is actually not a “moss,” but is a part of the seaweed family. It is a “red seaweed” and it comes from Ireland, hence its name, and is mostly used in soups as a thickening agent to aid the sick and malnourished.
Learn the facts and health benefits about Sea Moss you never knew.
** First and Foremost, when consumed and used right, sea moss and bladderwrack can help reverse and eliminate ANY disease, but your diet must coincide with the consumption of these sea vegetables, as well as any herbs. Meaning, in order to fully heal one must be on an alkaline plant-based diet. Eliminate sugars from your diet, detox and fast, and allow your body to fully heal from whatever disease or virus is currently within. See Sources at the bottom of this article to visit more sites with more information including on how to reverse HSV1 and HSV2.**
Below are some more of the many AMAZING benefits of Sea Moss:
1) Promotes regular thyroid function- The thyroid is a gland found in the neck below the adams apple. This gland secretes hormones known as triiodothyronine (T3) and Thyroxine (T4). DI-Iodothyronine (DIT), what T3 breaks down into, is found in abundance in brown sea moss and for this reason, it has been used as a treatment for thyroid disorders. Thyroxin (T4) and Tri-iodothyronine (T3) have been found as the main organically bound iodine compounds in several seaweeds.
Selenium and Iodine is also present in abundance and is a necessary factor in thyroid hormone production.
The most common cause of thyroid abnormalities is iodine deficiency. Iodine is one of the many minerals found abundantly in sea moss. By consuming sea moss regularly, you are directly feeding the thyroid.
2) Improves metabolism- What we refer to as our metabolism is really the process of chemical transformation that occurs within our cells. After food is consumed, our metabolism is responsible for 3 functions which are converting food into energy for cellular functions, converting food into building and recovering for our cells and
3) Improves circulation- Filters out germs and other bacteria during blood circulation
4) Boosts immune function- Sea moss is known to have antiviral, antibacterial, anticoagulant, and antimicrobial properties, acting as a natural cough syrup. It helps relieve and prevent symptoms of colds and flu. Irish moss is a source of potassium chloride, a nutrient which helps to dissolve catarrhs (inflammation and phlegm in the mucous membranes), which cause congestion. Sea moss can cure and prevent sore throats, bronchitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis and other flu-related symptoms.
In addition, Irish moss is rich in amino acids, Vitamin C and antioxidants, all of which help to boost the immune system, support immune health and prevent cellular damage and destruction. It also has anti-tumor properties.
5) Promotes digestive regularity- sea moss is known to ease many digestive issues such as indigestion, gastritis, ulcers, and constipation. It is said due to the jelly- like consistency of sea moss, it can provide relief to all inflamed mucus membranes by coating the intestinal wall and at the same time pulling toxins out of the body.
6) Suppresses appetite- Sea moss is a great appetite suppressant due to its high concentration of minerals and its nutrient density. When you process sea moss into gel form, it is easy to add as an ingredient with other foods and drinks. Due to its jelly-like consistency, when sea moss is consumed it passes through the intestines and soothes any inflammation as well as remove any toxins. Sea moss consumed regularly will help to eliminate cravings and as a result, bring the body back to its natural weight based on your level of activity and nutrition.
7) Promotes healthy sexual function- Due to the generous amount of zinc and other minerals that are vital for reproductive function and health, sea moss is great for anyone who desires an increased sex drive. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, sea moss promotes circulation throughout the entire body especially our reproductive organs. For male readers who are experiencing difficulty with sex related drive, stamina, erection, and other abnormalities, then you should consider consuming sea moss regularly. For female readers who are experiencing a lack in desire, painful sexual experience due to dryness, feminine irritation, and anything else related to this particular topic, then a regular dose of sea moss may improve this situation.